Ken Cochrane and Toni Foxton have been locals in the Wakatipu Basin for over 25 years and bought the storage facility in April 2013. Having increased security by installing the latest in gate tag security, they now have consent for a Manager's residence and plans to extensively increase the number of storage units available to meet Queenstown's increasing demand.
The 164 units range from 1.5 x 1.5m to 6 x 3m with each storer having their own private tag to open the security gate between the hours of 7am and 7pm every day and their own padlock to their unit door. Helpful, friendly service.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.1
Arrowtown was originally known as Fox’s. named after William Fox an early gold discoverer. Then it was known as The Arrow and later Arrowtown.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.2
The first Arrowtown School was in Buckingham Street and opened in 1863. It was on the site now occupied by the Oak development.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.3
The discoverer of gold in the Arrow river was a shepherd named Jack Tewa or Maori Jack. He also won the Royal Humane medal for saving a man from drowning in Lake Wakatipu.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.4
There has been a fire station on the current site since 1890. The hand drawn hose reel was used until the 1940’s.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.5
In the 1950’s many New Zealander’s built cribs ( holiday houses) in Arrowtown and came here for their summer holidays.
Arrowtown Random Fact No.6
Arrowtown has one of the best preserved collection of goldfields heritage buildings in New Zealand.